This educational activity is designed to meet the educational needs of those who are involved and/or interested in the treatment of patients with GI cancers, community oncologists, physicians, physician assistants, physicians-in-training, oncology nurses, and pharmacists.
Upon successful completion of these educational activities, participants should be able to:
- Analyze the mechanism of action (MOA) and safety-efficacy profiles of currently approved and emerging oncological agents including immunotherapies and molecularly targeted agents for the management of GI malignancies
- Integrate clinical trial data and evidence-based therapies for improving clinical outcomes in patients with GI malignancies
- Evaluate the best practices and standards of care based on a multidisciplinary approach for the management of GI cancers
- Implement the rational use of immunotherapies in patients with GI malignancies on a case-by-case basis
- Define patient populations most suitable for enrolling in GI clinical trials for progressive advanced stage GI malignancies
- Implement optimal management strategies for both metastatic and non-metastatic GI malignancies based on personalized factors such as comorbidities, cost, disease stage, and prior therapeutic regimens
- Evaluate the role of blood-based molecular profiling approaches for early diagnosis of metastatic disease and treatment monitoring
- Explore the more clearly defined role of neoadjuvant and adjuvant strategies in GI malignancies
- Explore the emerging role of blood based molecular markers of minimal residual disease, dynamic evaluation of patients on therapy to identify emergence of therapy resistance, and how these biomarkers will define treatment of adjuvant therapy patients and advanced disease
- Define the expanding role of interventional radiology in therapeutics
In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Please visit each page for specific credit hours designated per activity.
HMP Education protects the privacy of personal and other information regarding participants, educational partners, and joint sponsors. HMP Education and our joint sponsors will not release personally identifiable information to a third party without the individual’s consent, except such information as is required for reporting purposes to the appropriate accrediting agency.
HMP Education maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
HMP Education complies with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant in this educational activity is in need of accommodations, please call 609.371.1137.
Any participant wanting to file a grievance with respect to any aspect of a continuing education activity accredited by HMP Education may contact Samantha Conforti, Senior Manager, Accreditation and Compliance, by phone at 609-371-1137, by email at email@example.com or in writing at 104 Windsor Center Drive, East Windsor, NJ 08520. Ms. Conforti will review the grievance and respond within 30 days of receiving the complaint.
Non-Accredited Innovation Theaters
These are promotional programs and no CE credits are offered. All attendees, please be advised that information—eg, your name and the value of any meal you receive during these promotional programs—may be publicly disclosed pursuant to applicable federal and/or state laws. If you are licensed in a state or are an employee of an organization that limits or prohibits meals from pharmaceutical companies, please identify yourself so that everyone is able to comply with such requirements.
Copyright © 2022 by HMP Education. All rights reserved. No part of this accredited continuing education activity may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without first obtaining permission from HMP Education.